My Artsy Life

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My happy Place!

I always promise myself to do things that I end up not doing....like writing a blog page daily! Is almost impossible in my life to find that time, because there is so much I want to do with my time.

Tonight as I prepare myself to sleep this poem comes to mind...


Comes The Dawn

Author: Veronica A. Shoffstall
After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today,
Because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans,
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure...
That you really are strong,
And you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn...
With every goodbye you learn.
This poem has being one of my favorites for over 20 years,  I admit when I read it at first althought I like the words and sentiment, is not until now in this time of my life that I have come to really understand its meaning. 
Life is such a journey, mine is still going, the learning, the living, the surprises, the lessons...What an extraordinary life it is, each and all of us living! 
I am so grateful to God, for all the forks on my road, for all the lessons that I have come to finally get, I am thankful to have the chance to admit, hey Brenda you when thru it, you learned, you are still learning girl, but what a precious precious thing is to be able to finally get it ... I am in my happy place, thanking God for each experience, loving with all I have without expectations, creating the life I want, a simple life, full of moments, special moments, even the not so good at times, cause from those I learned the most of who I am as a person, and as a beautiful child of God! 
Good night sweet girls and boys out there!!! Enjoy a sweet poem! And live, live with all you got!
Lafiorevida

No comments: