My Artsy Life

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Luggage Project Update

My dear kindred spirits friends!

Long time no post! Ah! Me and my studio have experience a very busy and gratifying time these past couple of weeks! I have been recreating a vintage luggage for my first ever online workshop! In the beginning I say to myself I be ready to launch it in mid August, but in all seriousness I think it be more like end of August.

I can honestly say that I have found a new type of respect for all my online teachers  it is hard work to conduct an online class as much as it is an artist at play taking that huge leap of faith. Is an enormous effort to film, edit, and master all those little details that need to get done in order to deliver!

This is also a very emotional time in my life, half the time I am thinking about how, when, what...if I fail! Well all I can say is this I wont quit I am doing it anyway!!! I am putting into this class all my time, efforts, ideas, fantasies, my heart and soul. I am believing in this project! As an artist half the work is in believing and I am doing just that!!! I hope you come and join me and follow me in this beautiful journey! 

In this class I will teach you to choose a luggage, paint, collage, texture, stamp...a total mixed media project. I will share tips and trick on art supplies that are found at your hardware store. I will give you different sketches of my own art to collage on your luggage, and will show you how I paint a face with golden acrylics. And many many more things. Class will last for 5 weeks, all content will be available at once. I will have five weekly chats, and will answer questions via post and emails too.

Here are some pictures of the luggage so you know what you can expect from the class! Enjoy!!











 

5 comments:

kimpm1 said...

I'm really looking forward to your class! It will be great!

Debbie McIntyre said...

Bravo Brenda..you know I'm hoping this is the start to something big for you! Love the piece and the class sounds fabulous. mac

mamakat said...

Amazing!

Annette, Kent, Signe & Anni said...

Congrats Brenda! I am sure it will be an awesome class. The project looks amazing.

laurel said...

Yay!! It's going to be an awesome class and I'm not just saying that.