My Artsy Life

Friday, July 20, 2012

Honoring the teacher with me as the student

my dear soul friends,

i have been gone for a while from the blog atmosphere, and my online presence....i have been on actual vacations, and on a soul retreat one both in my art life, and in the day to day things....

i have much to share, and the first thing coming you way are these beautiful paintings all inspired by Suzi Blu's Fairies class... I take online workshops and often - actually hardly ever do i paint the same thing they do...this time i was so taken by her teachings and feeling them so deeply that i just when with it and follow thru all the process i was amanzingly surprise at how the learning process took yet another dimension...i watch the videos took notes and watch again and took more notes! I was just so happy to see it come together under this wonderful and sazzy teacher....for more about Suzi you can find her here suziblu.ning.com



This precious beautiful girl has me dancing along the path of life, this is a painting that just makes me want to dance, this photo is not he last version of her...i just couldnt wait to start yet another one....
Sprite Fairy - this fairy is huge, two pieces of wood painted together to make her dress
- just one of Suzi's amazing ideas




Pixie Fairy

This sweet girl speaks to me about the power of balance, not everything in life is black, not white, not even that middle gray but the power strikes in keeping a balance and yourself in check in the middle of all that it is...

My God Mother

This painting talk to me about my grandmother it was spooky almost to speak to her thru this painting even her eyes turn out to be gray in a moment that it seem like a mistake of a brush stroke until I remember the sweet eyes of my grandmother gray eyes deep as her own soul
i have so much to say and so many things to tell you all to catch up with me and my adventures....another post, another day...

for now i leave you with these paintings and with the magic thought of "honoring your teachers"...!

cheers, much love brenda

www.lafiorevida.com

6 comments:

Christianne Teixeira said...

Sweet Brenda, I just love your new paintings!!! Amazing! I love Suzi Blu and her unique way for teaching! I honnor you, my sweet friend and TEACHER, you are very talented artist and a wonderful teacher! Love you!! :))

Christianne Teixeira said...

Sweet Brenda, I love your new paintings! Suzi Blu is a really very good teacher, an amazing artist. I honnor you! My sweet friend and amazing artist that I admire. Abrazos querida, Chris

Kelly Lynn said...

Your paintings are so beautiful, Brenda! I also take Suzi's classes and just love her. I love you too!

Brenda Figueroa said...

my dear kindred spirits you are just lovely lovely....so much is happening in my life one day i got up and say okay enough and suzi came to mind....i sign up for her class in march and i was so excited and then i didnt watch her videos til now...i have to say i been a very good student this time around in this class....i just was move, inspire and so honor to be in her space....she is an amazing girl....and she totally pull me out of my funky state too....lol

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi! Brenda
I love these sweet girl paintings!
I too have the book and CD of Suzi Blu and it is so inspirational.
Hope you are doing well. Summer has been so busy. I have only viewed three of your workshop videos so far. I know there is so much more to learn from your sweet videos.
XXOO
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Erika Nittel-Traser said...

Dear Brenda, I love your beautiful paintings and journal pages, all in all your blog with so much inspiration! Love to see, you are interested to so many things about art - this reminds me to myself :)